- Our YouthKICKS! committee convened to begin creating their own social marketing campaign to lessen the impact of smoking in the LGBTQ youth community.
- Over 60 youth from across the country attended our Youth Summit at The National Conference on LGBT Equality: Creating Change, and discussed strategies to create more avenues for youth leadership in the LGBTQ movement and other movements for social justice.
- We launched a Spanish-language version of our award winning HIV prevention social marketing campaign, You Know Different, in San Diego, and billboards for We Know Different /Sabemos Que No Es Así took over downtown.
- We have re-launched the NYAC Network, which provides membership opportunities to receive training, technical assistance and resources to youth activists and organizations that support LGBTQ youth.
- We now have 6 youth our Board of Directors, including talented fundraising professionals, Executive Directors and media makers.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Update on National Youth Advocacy Coalition (NYAC)
As the chair of the Board of Directors of the National Youth Advocacy Coalition (NYAC), I’ve seen firsthand the impact our work has on improving the lives of LGBTQ youth. We are the only national LGBTQ youth organization that works directly with inspirational young leaders and the organizations that support them all year long. In 2011, we’ve already accomplished so much: