Looks like another great webinar from our colleagues at the Technical Assistance Partnership for Child and Family Mental Health. Mark it down on your calendar Network faithful!
- Ending LGBT Youth Homelessness: A Call to Action
- July 10, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM EDT
- Click here to register, or copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www.tapartnership.org/events/listView.php?id=1249#event1249
Too many youth become homeless each year. Youth who are LGBT are significantly overrepresented in homeless youth populations. These same youth are also more likely to experience stigma associated with their sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, trauma, and disparities in accessing resources from human service systems.
This webinar will: 1) highlight issues contributing to homelessness among LGBT youth; 2) showcase the Forty to None Project, a national program of the True Colors Fund (co-founded by Cyndi Lauper) that is working to end LGBT youth homelessness; 3) describe strategies to reduce homelessness among LGBT youth and provide trauma-informed care to them; and 4) share lessons learned from the field.
- Jeffrey Poirier, Senior Researcher, American Institutes for Research (AIR); TA Partnership Cultural and Linguistic Competence Community of Practice LGBTQI2-S Learning Community Lead
- Christina Murphy, Director of Communications, AIR and the National Center on Family Homelessness
- Jama Shelton, Director, Forty to None Project, True Colors Fund
- Simon Costello, Associate Director, L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, Children, Youth & Family Services